November 15, 2022
We have chosen the cast for the musical, and rehearsals will begin in January 2023.
Stay tuned to our website for more on show times and more news about the show!
* * *
We’re happy to announce that we will be holding auditions for Mamma Mia! at the beginning of November.
If you’re interested in having a role for our production, please come to the Lester Centre of the Arts to sign up for your audition on Tuesday, November 1 at 7:30 p.m. You will not be required to audition on this date – you’ll just need to sign up for your audition.
If you cannot attend this meeting, please email email@example.com to request an audition time, and one will be provided to you.
The dates and times of auditions are as follows:
· Saturday, November 5: 10 a.m. – 12p.m. AND 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
· Monday, November 7: 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
· Tuesday, November 8: 6:30 p.m. – 8:30p.m.
We will also be having call-backs on Thursday, November 10 at 7 p.m., and you will be notified on Wednesday, November 9 if a call-back is needed.
Each audition slot is 10 minutes. If you arrive late, and there are no available slots, you will lose your spot. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early, sign in with the stage manager and wait in the lobby until you are called into the theatre.
Please be aware that auditioning does NOT guarantee a spot in the production. Like any other theatrical production, it may be necessary to make cuts after the audition process. However, everyone who auditions will be contacted to let them know whether or not they were successful in their audition.
If you do get a part in the production, we will require you to be at rehearsals for three months leading up to the show. We will give you a general idea of when rehearsals will occur at the meeting on November 1, and we will have a more detailed schedule in the months ahead. Mamma Mia! will be performed at the Lester Centre of the Arts from April 20-22, 2023.
Here are some things to keep in mind before your audition:
1. You will be asked to sing one of the selections included in the package given out on November 1; you may choose which number you would like to sing. Background accompaniment will be provided.
2. You will also be asked to prepare for one of the monologues provided in the package that will be given out on November 1. Again, this will be your choice.
3. You will be asked to complete an audition form and submit it to the casting panel once you enter the theatre for your audition.
4. You will be asked to complete a conflict form and submit it to the casting panel once you enter the theatre for your audition. Make sure you indicate any prior commitments and/or scheduling conflicts.
5. Your picture or a video may be taken as part of the audition process. This will help with casting and costume planning for the show. These will be deleted once casting is finalized.
6. During your private audition, you will be asked to sing scales to discover and note your vocal range – this is for casting purposes and placement in the vocal ensemble. This is not something you need to plan for ahead of time.
7. Most importantly, please bring an open mind, a positive attitude and a willingness to play! This is a fun show and the panel will be looking for people with great energy, personality and stage presence!
We’re looking at putting on a great show, and we couldn’t do it without you. So, thank you SO MUCH in advance for coming out to audition!
Mamma Mia is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. Please visit www.mtishows.com for more information.