Reporting to the Prince Rupert Performing Arts Centre Society board of directors, the manager will be responsible for directing all aspects of the theatre’s operation including but not limited to, planning budgets, staffing, rentals, box office operations, scheduling of theatre and equipment use, community relations, staff development, volunteer management, marketing, advertising, building maintenance and capital replacement programs and fundraising
• Committed to hospitality and the satisfaction of all facility users
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with community partners, employees, the media, government representatives and the public.
• A decisive problem solver with strong analytical skills and the ability to reach goals, grow an operation and manage change successfully.
• A personality that shows sound judgement, negotiation and mediation skills in an environment with multiple and potentially competing needs.
• A self motivated individual demonstrating honesty, integrity, and diplomacy.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
• Able to carry out administrative, scheduling and financial functions effectively
• Experience in managing a team with diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Passion for volunteer recruitment and management
• Knowledge of technical requirements for the theatre events
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills including effective report writing and publicity functions
• Thorough knowledge of computer functions and relevant software applications including the management of websites, social networks, and ticket sales systems
• Working knowledge of relational databases, particularly MySQL, and basic familiarity with schema design, backups, and queries
• Familiarity with general data networking principles (firewalls, switches, wireless access points)
• Knowledge of project management / Risk Management
• Ability to adapt to an on demand work environment that requires flexibility and versatility
• Excellent time management skills / ability to meet deadlines
• Ideal starting date June 1, 2020
• Interviews with qualified candidates may begin prior to the deadline
Please email cover letter and resume with salary expectations to:
Human Resources Committee: email@example.com
Lester Centre of the Arts
1100 McBride Street, Prince Rupert, BC V8J3H2
About the Lester Centre
The Prince Rupert Performing Arts Centre was built as a state of the art 700 seat facility opened in 1987. In 2006 it was renamed Lester Centre of the Arts. It is operated by a nonprofit society for the cultural benefit of the people of the Pacific Northwest. The Lester Centre at the heart of arts in Prince Rupert is used for rehearsals, dance classes, meeting, forums, fundraisers, weddings, memorials, musical theatre productions and school district events to name a few. It is a community gathering centre. The facility boasts a rehearsal room, and a number of meeting rooms as well as the lobby gallery display area and auditorium.